Monday, March 29, 2010

An Oral History Of MOVE


In the new issue of Philadelphia Magazine is an article billed as an "Oral History of MOVE." I don't think this is an appropriate title. I say that because it effectively ends after the 1985 confrontation. That being the case, the "confrontation" MOVE had with John Gilbride is completely omitted.

I think that the author of the article did a great disservice to everyone but MOVE by failing to mention this. I plan on letting him know this and I encourage other people to do so as well.

Aside from that, the article was pretty interesting. Ramona Africa sounds like the perpetual victim we know her to be and that was pretty boring as was former councilman's Angel Ortiz's "police state" nonsense. However, I was curious to read Tigre Hill's comments as well as some other people's. A good and interesting read, but one that I think was incomplete. Check it out.


http://www.phillymag.com/articles/move_an_oral_history/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Schools