Thursday, March 04, 2010

This MOVE Book

So here I am writing this book about MOVE...Although to be honest it is not really "about" MOVE at all. It is about everything that MOVE is not. It is about hope, faith, humanity, and perseverance in the face of terrible adversity. It is about honesty. MOVE knows nothing about that.

I would have hoped that I would be further along by now, but writing posts for a stupid blog is not the same as writing chapters for a book, but I am still pressing on.

At one time I thought I knew just about all one could know about MOVE, but the more research I do and the more I talk to people the more I realize that there are layers of "truth". One "truth" revealed and peeled away leads to more "truths" and so on. The trick is trying to flesh out what is most important and then write about it in such a way that makes sense and is not too tedious.

More to come...

5 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should be interesting. Looking forward to it.

Jon Pisano

 
At 4:24 PM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

At some point I would love to put some excerpts of the manuscript on here, but I have to work that out with some people first,

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger History Punk said...

Out of curiousity (spawned by this blog), I FOIAed the FBI for any records relating to Move and the members I knew were dead and prove through obituaries. I have received nothing yet, but it appears the FBI office in Philly and the DC headquarters has significant files on them. Any office near where they're active probably has records on them

Since you're righting a book, have a rather significant website, and appear to have been published elsewhere, you probably could get them and a little cost.

However, I'll only buy your book if you explain how Mumia was framed by Philly police despite no evidence of a massive surveillance effort to track him and why no cops have broken ranks despite Philly PD's much vaunted corruption probably sending someone in the know to prison. J/K ;)

 
At 8:01 AM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

The FBI should have a huge amount of files on MOVE considering the group's criminal activities...I hope you find what you are looking for.
As for the whole Mumia thing-like I said the book will be about things like the truth not politically motivated fantasies. Sorry you won't be a reader.

 
At 11:09 AM , Blogger History Punk said...

Sorry, about the touch booze induced sarcasm. I look forward to your book and hopefully to he published extracts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Schools