Wednesday, August 30, 2006

An Open Letter To The "French Delegation" For Mumia


The revolution you dream of is not ours. You don't want to change the world, you want to blow it up.”
JEAN-PAUL SARTRE, Dirty Hands

(Pic Of Scam Africa with Previous French Delegation)

Here we are just weeks after the 62nd anniversary of the liberation of Paris by American forces and we are thanked by the French via a delegation sent to agitate for a convicted cop-killer and cult apologist.

Of course, the name Mumia Abu-Jamal evokes different emotions depending upon where the name is spoken.

In Philadelphia, the man’s place of birth, the name evokes anger, frustration, and loathing.

In Paris however, this very same name brings forth a surge of sympathy and outrage, not just at the name of the man, but the sense of injustice that surrounds him and pervades his “case”.

Why the disparity?

I used to call myself a “supporter” of Mumia Abu-Jamal. More than that, I had dedicated myself, my talents, and my physicality towards the cause of his freedom. Or at least that is what I thought I was doing.

I had even gone so far as to immigrate, if you will, from my home in Virginia to Philadelphia, in an effort to display my dedication and further a cause that I thought to be undeniably righteous.

My efforts on behalf of Jamal started a decade ago. Unfortunately, they were efforts that were wasted upon a man who deserves not respect, but scorn, not freedom, but continued incarceration, not dedication, but abandonment.

Mumia is no hero. He is not innocent. He is not an advocate for peace, or freedom, or justice.

He is an apologist for a violent and backwards religious cult known as MOVE and he makes no pretense about his dedication to the group.

MOVE, started by an illiterate handyman and a dimestore philosopher, evolved from a cult of ideas, to a cult of personality, to a cult of death.

It is a group that despises gays, denies education to it’s children, “marries” off it’s young girls at 11 or 12 years old to a life of sexual subjugation, and is extreme in it’s authoritarianism. It is a group that claims to exist for the cause of preserving and protecting life, yet the reality of MOVE is that it’s history is awash in blood and wasted potential.

Mumia is a part of all of this and he makes no apology for it. That is, after all, how this gifted and talented journalist ended up driving a taxicab in a sleazy section of Philadelphia at 3:00am back in 1981.

Mumia turned his back on a promising career as a true journalist as well as his family and his children after falling under the spell of MOVE as the 1970's ended.

He idolized MOVE and was a fixture at the trials of it’s members who had themselves murdered a police officer and wounded dozens of other officers and firefighters during a “confrontation” that the cult had “initiated”.

So when he saw his own brother in his own “confrontation” with a police officer, what did a brainwashed and MOVE obsessed Jamal do? He shot the officer down in cold blood and extreme violence. The “voice of the voiceless” as judge, jury, and executioner. A murderer without a doubt.

How dare I utter such a definitive statement you might wonder?

Unlike many of you, I have studied the case from end to end, read all available transcripts, and tried for many years to ignore the truth of the case. But in the end the facts are the facts and while one is certainly entitled to their opinions you are not entitled to your own set of facts. I could not go on forever pretending. I could not go on with the facade.

Mumia shot down Officer Daniel Faulkner and than blew his brains all over the sidewalk. Those are the facts and I am not sorry if you do not like them.

It should trouble you that after all of these years and after so much in the way of funds raised, that the trial transcripts are not available to you in your own language.

It should trouble you that when you make your way across the Atlantic to support Mumia that you stand virtually alone, that when you stand upon the streets of Philadelphia with your “Free Mumia” signs that you are ignored or spat upon. It should trouble you that a city that is 50% African-American and extremely liberal, despises Jamal.

It should trouble you that Pam Africa receives your hard earned funds and does what with them? Do you know or have any idea where all of transatlantic donations go? I do. They go right into MOVE, to serve the interests of the group. They go to keep the leaders of the group living a high class lifestyle while most of the group lives in squalor and subservience. This, again, is the reality.

What is also real is that MOVE as a collective has attempted to silence me wherever possible through whatever means they have available. They and their supporters have made threats against myself. They have closed down whole message boards to keep me from telling the truth about them. And they have spread the most vicious and occasionally humorous lies about me. These were people who claimed to be my family, who claimed to love me, yet at the moment of my dissent, they turn on me with a savage rage.

So here is my challenge to you. I implore you to actually investigate the case of Mumia Abu-Jamal. I challenge you to visit the following websites, for they offer an antidote to the poisonous propaganda as espoused by the likes of Pam Africa.

I challenge you to look beyond the propaganda towards reality. The quest for justice is a righteous one, but one that need not involve deceitful cults and their vile apologists.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tony,
I just came from badsis' website and thought I'd check out your site. THANK YOU for speaking out! You speak for many African Americans. Keep up the good work. I am now putting your site on my favorites and will check in on you regularly.
My prayers are with you.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

Thank you for reading and keep checking back. There is plenty more to come...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Schools