Sunday, August 27, 2006

As Summer Ends



“...that she had without exception the most stupid, vulgar, empty mind that he had ever encountered. She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none, that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it to her. “The human sound track” he nicknamed her in his own mind.”

-George Orwell, 1984

(Picture of former MOVE adherent John Gilbride whose murder remains unsolved four years after his death)

The above quote is yet another reminder of the modern inadequacies of the medium of blogging specifically, or writing in general. As someone who writes, I am constantly reminded that the best things to write either about someone, or to someone, have already been written. And written in a way that is sure to illustrate my own lack of talent in this field . I could name a few “human soundtracks” of my own.

Don’t quit my day job, yes I already know, but thanks for reminding me. My day job is not so bad anyway thank you very much!

Still, no matter how bad it seemingly is for me, I can authoritatively say that MOVE has had a pretty bad summer, much worse than mine. For while I was relaxing and re-connecting with distant family in what might be called our ancestral grounds, MOVE was trying to hide the fact that they publicly admitted to the abuse of children. They have also had to cope with the fact that
Mario, one of MOVE’s former devotees had to come out and make clear that he is no longer living in a “MOVE house”. A rather insignificant declaration if it were not for the fact that “not living in a MOVE house” is MOVE speak for not being a part of the Organization yet another defector to the dreaded “system”.

This summer also had surviving members of the MOVE 9 officially giving up on their legal pursuits, instead placing their hopes and focus upon the parole hearings that will occur in 2008. But given the extremely violent nature of the crimes for which they are imprisoned, the violence MOVE has perpetuated in prison, and the cloud of suspicion that lingers over the cult concerning the murder of John Gilbride, it is very unlikely that any of these MOVE members will come out of jail in anything other than a pine box. And for the record, and in case anyone had any doubts in their mind, that is the way I think it should be.

Now, as August ends I am officially old. Thirty years on this planet have I been wrecking havoc. Hard to believe and I think harder still for my mother to stomach, but alas here I am. Aside from a few extra pounds around my mid-section I am doing ok. Or so says the voices in my head.

But onto serious things. September, aside from being the month of the fifth anniversary of the September 11th attacks on the United States it is the fourth anniversary of the murder of John Gilbride. But while justice still eludes this case, the guilty know who they are and they must, by know realize that nobody is going to forget John or what happened to him, or that ultimate responsibility for his death remains squarely with MOVE’s leadership. So while I am confident that justice will hit it’s mark, I am also quietly satisfied that the person or persons who slaughtered a defenseless and innocent human being must go to sleep every night wondering if it will be there last under the free sky. Or perhaps better still, that the realization has set in that by murdering for MOVE’s corrupt leaders that were killing for those that would kill them.

Mario, Gary, do you not think that “Bert” wouldn’t sell your asses down the river Hades to save her own fat posterior? If not you are worse off than anyone could imagine.

To a good summer and a better fall.

XOXOXO
Tony

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ashame he was good looking. MOVE really is evil. Let's hope that justice is served for the pos that took this guy's life.

Like the blog...

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

The only way justice can prevail is through persistant vigilance and commitment to justice. Spread the word about John Gilbride. May his death not go unavenged.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Schools