Saturday, February 16, 2008

William Francome Not A "Censor" Just A Tool


I have come to believe that the fanatic who wears their politics on their sleeve and lets fly the hatred in their heart is preferable to the ones who are smart enough to mask their nature with the cloak of courtesy and project a sense of sophistication and even fairness.

To be sure, I had more than one conversation or email exchange with a number of individuals who had been further enamored with MOVE as a result of the particular brand of propaganda that I espoused for the group.

My somewhat "analytical" defenses of MOVE appealed to people who were not so into the usual MOVE screed that is written as much as an assault on the English language as it is the "system". Not everyone is into the whole "ALL CAPS", "LONG LIVE JOHN AFRICA’s VOODOO, that is often the way that MOVE members and supporters choose to "communicate".

This brings me to my contempt for people like William Francome, who like many before him, is an ideologue disguised as "truth seeker". He is smart enough to act as a complete pro-Mumia propagandist while avoiding defending the positions that he takes, and of course is un-failingly polite.

I think there is nothing I loathe more than the in-authentic. Those who enter the market place of ideas with boilerplate propaganda in order to exploit a situation for either political or personal gain, and than retreat into the nether regions of "political correctness" when confronted and asked to defend the outrageous positions that they take.

Such is the case with William Francome of the "Free Mumia" film "In Prison My Whole Life". It is bad enough that he ducked out of the questions he vowed to me that he would answer, but than when I posted those questions on HIS site, that they were removed. Yet the personal attack on me by Michael Schiffman, a true Mumiaphiliac, is left on the site.

When I wrote Francome about the "censorship" of my postings on his site, he responded with the following email:

Hey Tony,


I didn't delete any of your comments, it was someone else who also helps run this site. I've instructed them not to do so as I'm a complete believer in freedom of speech and debate on the issues. I will make sure it doesn't happen again, but if it does let me know.


Will

Wow. I look forward to the day when I could have the gravitas to blame someone else for something that occurs on my website.

Terribly annoyed by his patronizing tone and reflecting upon the thought of Mumia’s concern for the free speech of Officer Faulkner when he was blowing the wounded man’s brains across a cold sidewalk, I wrote the following message back to William, which of course did not elicit a reply.

Will,

It is your name on the site. Your "work" is all over it. If the people you work with aren't aware of your conviction to "free speech", than maybe it is more your problem than it is theirs. When all is said and done and the con job you have helped to pull on people is dragged out into the light and seen for what it is, and the blood money from Daniel Faulkner is all spent up, I hope you come clean with yourself and especially those whom you damn well know you have misled.


Mumia did it.


Interject all your pseudo-intellectualism and platitudes, but all you have done is further obscured the truth.


If you have a problem with racism in this country and the death penalty, than I am all with you in condemning it, but when you hook up with, give a platform to, and lend credibility to entities like MOVE, than you are beneath contempt and deserve nothing else.

-Tony

Perhaps Francome is off counting his coins made off exploiting the murder of Officer Faulkner and deifying his killer with the aid of brilliant legal minds like Snoop Dogg to bother to respond.
Really though, I don’t care. The fact remains that he is apparently a whore for cheap applause, keeps company with self-appointed censors, and is friends with the child-raping, death-cult of MOVE.

He won’t answer the questions I sent him because he can’t answer the questions I sent him. The best he can do is try and play the nice guy route and try and traverse the proverbial high road.

This, after spending the time in the gutter of cultism and blind faith of the Mumiaphiles is probably the best he can do.

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Tony, I have to admit I basically found this site through a rap song. It mentions MOVE and John Africa in the lyrics and I had never heard of John Africa until then. I was interested and began looking on the internet for more information and your site was one that I stumbled across. I find your site very intersting and I've learned a lot about MOVE through your thoughts and opinions. I enjoyed the fact that you aren't afraid to express yourself and I look forward to reading more posts from you.

 
At 4:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you resubmit your original comments? Let us know how you make out.

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

Stephanie,

I am glad that you took the time to read what I write and take it seriously. I never ask anyone just to take my word for it. I just ask that people keep an open mind and compare and contrast what I have to say versus what MOVE does and more importantly does not say about itself.

thanks.
-Tony

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Tony Allen said...

Anonymous,

Basically, I don't want to dignify someone like Francome's site by going back to it and re-posting my questions and comments.

He could have responded to the questions as he promised he would and he did not.

On his Myspace page, my comments and questions were deleted. Not answered, not refuted, deleted.

Because of that, I don't think Francome has any interest at all in any kind of discussion or debate.

If I were to do what he did on this site, people would be all over me about it and rightly so.

Why don't you go to Francome's site and ask him why he is ducking my questions instead of asking me to repeat myself?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit Counter
Online Schools